- Latvia is bordered by Estonia, Lithuania, Russia, Belarus and by a maritime border to the west with Sweden
- The capital of Latvia is Riga. It’s Old Town architecture is mainly gothic, baroque, rococo and classicism. It’s also famous for having over 800 Art Nouveau buildings which are quite unique for the region. Riga Old Town is declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- 4 international airports (Riga, Daugavpils, Liepaja, Ventspils)
- Latvia is member of EU and NATO and also belong to Schengen Area
- Currency: Euro
- Timezone: EET (GMT+2)
- Climate is transitional, between maritime and continental, cold winters with snow and warm summers
- Latvia has 500 kilometres of white sand beaches along the Baltic Sea, modern port cities, fantastic resort cities, old fishing villages, quiet, secluded and even unruly pockets of nature and diverse relaxation options.